A Travellerspoint blog

Grand Cayman Days 8-10: Shop, Eat, Repeat

The next morning, we dropped Mike off for his last day of diving with Ocean Frontiers.

Vi and I then drove to Boddentown to shop at Beach Bubbles where we both bought homemade soaps and body lotions. We made our way down the road to White Dog Art Studio where we saw the obligatory white dog. I bought a starfish print now hanging in my guest bathroom and Vi bought a bamboo sign.

We then made our way to Wreck View Art Gallery where we bought caymanite jewelry for ourselves and for gifts to take home. By now we were getting hungry so we stopped in at Tukka for a snack and some waterfront drinks.


Lobster spring rolls, coconut shrimp, conch and crocodile fritters

Afterwards, I dropped Vi off at the house and went to pick up Mike. The dive boat was about an hour late getting back and Mike and I decided to stay for a pina colada at Eagle Ray's before heading back to the house to get ready for dinner.

Dinner tonight was at Eric Ripert's Blue at the Ritz Carlton.

We didn't take pictures of the food unfortunately but we did enjoy a long, multi-course meal. It started with an amuse-bouche of snapper sashimi, tuna tartare with fennel, and sunchoke foam with crab.

First course - Vi and I had scallops poached with shitake mushrooms. Mike had salmon sashimi with beets and salmon roe
Second course - Vi skipped. Mike had the scallops we had in the first course. I had grilled and braised octopus.
Third course - Mike and Vi had poached lobster with wine sauce. I had crusted snapper with saffron.
Dessert - Mike had chocolate, Vi had coconut, and I had peach.

Exhausted and stuffed, we went home to crash.

The next day we all slept in a bit. Mike was having a flare up so Vi and I went shopping in Georgetown and left him at the house to rest. There were 2 Carnival cruise ships in town so we had a difficult time finding parking but eventually did.

We stopped off at Guy Harvey's for a drink and some crab cakes.

Then spent the afternoon shopping and walking around town.

Mike was feeling a little better by dinner so we drove down the road to Eagle Ray's where he had some conch fritters and Vi and I had twin lobster tails with potatoes and veggies. We did some late night stargazing with pina coladas and Mike capped off the evening with a night snorkel in front of the house.
It was our last full day on the island and we were planning to take it easy. Tink Tink got some tuna for breakfast. We stuck to bacon and eggs.

We had a lot of leftover beer so we drove down to the dive shop to give it to the dive guides there. They deserved it.

We made a quick stop at Wreck View to get some more caymanite jewelry then wandered down to the blowholes for some pictures.










We spent the rest of the afternoon lazing on the back deck and cleaning/packing things up.

Dinner that night was at Tukka. I had fish.

Mike had the twin lobster tails.

Vi had grilled shrimp.

After dinner, it was early to bed for the long travel day home tomorrow and the sad goodbye to Tink Tink who I hope is still charming guests at the house today.

Posted by zihuatcat 01:46 Archived in Cayman Islands Tagged cayman mike vi

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.